CAZEO lists job opportunities as a courtesy to Towns. We do not have any additional information regarding job postings. Please reach out to the posting municipality directly with any questions
Title: Zoning Enforcement Officer/Inland Wetlands Agent
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
This position has the responsibility for making difficult decisions pertaining to code enforcement work involving the inspection of commercial, residential, industrial and open space properties to assure Land Use and Inland Wetlands Compliance. This position also has the responsibility for making difficult decisions pertaining to code enforcement, particularly as they relate to the time frame allowed for corrective measures. This work requires that the employee have considerable knowledge of the Zoning and Inland Wetlands Regulations
College Graduate or High school graduate, plus five years of zoning code enforcement experience, Certification from CAZEO ( Connecticut Association of Zoning Enforcement Officers) and or Certification from DEEP (Department of Environmental Energy Protection or course work relating to Inland Wetlands. Course work/Knowledge in Land use law, planning, geography, environmental sciences.
Salary Range: $59,059.00 to $64,464.00
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union Affiliation: CWA 1103
Applications can be found on the City’s Website at www.cityof westhaven under the Personnel and Labor Relations Department
Applications to be sent to: Beth A. Sabo, Director
355 Main Street
West Haven, CT 06516
Town of Woodstock
Immediate Employment Opportunities
Zoning Enforcement Officer (Up to 15 Hours Per Week): The Town of Woodstock is seeking applicants for a part-time ZEO. This individual administers and enforces the zoning regulations, reviews all land use and subdivision applications, issues zoning permits within limits of authority, performs inspections, and investigates complaints related to zoning regulations. Works closely with Wetlands Agent, Building Official, Public Works Director & Planning & Zoning Commission with development applications and issues. Must obtain CAZEO certification within two years of hire. Preferred candidate has a minimum of three years of municipal land use/building/planning experience. Must have excellent customer service skills, be detail oriented, and have computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel and GIS experience.
Inland-Wetlands Agent (Up to 10 Hours Per Week): Administers and enforces wetlands regulations, reviews all applications, issues permits within limits of authority, performs inspections and investigates complaints related to IWWA regulations. Works closely with Building Official, Conservation Commission, Wetlands Agency and ZEO with development applications and issues. Must obtain DEEP Municipal Commissioners Training Program Certification within one year of hire. Preferred candidate has an environmental background and/or a minimum of three years of municipal land use experience.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and/or application by mail or in person no later than Monday, June 14, 2021, at 4:00 PM. For more information or a job description, please email email@example.com or phone 928-0208 x 336.
The Town of Woodstock is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TOWN OF BLOOMFIELD
Council-Manager Government Since 1941
Reposted External Posting
Zoning Enforcement Officer
Hourly Rate: $38.03 hourly
Administers and enforces the zoning regulations and other regulations as directed; reviews all applications, which relate to the zoning regulations; performs inspections and investigates complaints related to zoning regulations. Works with GIS system and assists the customers with various questions related to the Planning and Development Department.
High School Diploma or equivalent, and training in law enforcement or a related field plus four years of responsible code enforcement experience, OR, an equivalent combination of experience substituting on the basis of one year of experience for each year of education. Must have a valid motor vehicle operator's license and a current certification as CT Zoning Enforcement Officer (CZEO).
All appointments and promotions shall be made according to merit and fitness for performing the functions of the position, including factors such as education, experience, aptitude, knowledge, character, ethics, or other qualifications that would determine the best candidate for the position. Examinations may include written, oral, physical, or performance tests or any combination of the various types of examinations.
Town of Bloomfield conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Applications may be obtained from the Department of Human Resources, 800 Bloomfield Ave., Bloomfield, CT 06002, or on our website at www.bloomfieldct.org and must be submitted to Human Resources along with a resume no later than Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Applications are accepted ONLY by mail, e-mail — firstname.lastname@example.org or the drop box at the Town Hall
Town of Bloomfield is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer, Minoritiesl women & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply, Persons with a disability who may need this information in an alternative format or who may need accommodations during the testing procedure should contact Cindy Coville, ADA Coordinator at 860-769-3538 or at email@example.com,
TOWN OF SALISBURY- LAND USE CLERK
Job Title: Land Use Clerk Grade: Hourly: $20 per hour
Status: Part time with potential for growth to full time
Job Summary: This class is accountable for providing clerical support to the Land Use Administrator for the Town of Salisbury.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Land Use Administrator.
Supervision Exercised: None
Examples of Essential Duties:
• Answers and makes telephone calls as needed;
• Assists public with land use applications which may include pulling and maintaining files
• Receives and reviews all applications and related documents to ascertain that an application is complete and ready to submit to the Land Use Administrator and/or Commissions
• Assists public with Title searches which may include answering questions and making copies of materials;
• Attends regular meetings of the Planning and Zoning Commission and Inland Wetlands Commission, and prepares and files meeting minutes and legal notices; as required;
• Coordinates and distributes application materials to Commissions as needed;
• Ensures that all forms and records are available to the public;
• Interfaces with building contractors, Town residents, real estate agents, attorneys and title searchers and assists in a professional manner;
• Maintains files for the Land Use Office;
• Performs research and reports as required;
• Prepares letters and memos as needed;
• Prepares month/year end reports;
• Submits Land Use Department permit fees to the Town Treasurer and completes all monthly and quarterly reports, as directed;
• Upon approval of the application by the Land Use Administrator or Commissions, processes all paperwork and documents.
• Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of land use and building code requirements;
• Knowledge of office equipment and the operation of computer software applications;
• Knowledge of office procedures, practices and terminology;
• Knowledge of local, state and federal statutes and regulations applicable to the duties and responsibilities of the Land Use Office;
• Knowledge of Town operations;
• Customer service and interpersonal skills;
• Organizational skills;
• Office management skills;
• Skill in operating computers and utilizing appropriate software applications;
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to deal with continuous interruptions and various levels of stress;
• Ability to maintain records and prioritize tasks;
• Ability to read maps and site plans;
• Ability to respond with tact and courtesy when dealing with the public.
• Experience managing and uploading materials to websites
• Experience developing documents, forms and publications
High School diploma or GED and three years of related office experience; College degree may be substituted for experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid driver's license.
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Please submit resume to:
The Land Use Administrator
Land Use Administrator
Town of Salisbury
27 Main Street
P.O. Box 548
Salisbury, CT 06068
Part-Time or Independent Contract Planning & Zoning Support
Tyche Planning & Policy Group is looking for a professional that can help us continue to serve the expanding need for municipal consulting support. We deliver a high level of service to small-town Land Use Offices, providing land-use staff replacement, writing plans and regulations, and helping to move communities forward. We believe in good planning; we do good work, and the number of communities seeking our help is expanding. A focus on customer service and an ability to keep multiple plates spinning are hallmarks of what we do.
As a newly-formed group, we are proceeding cautiously with our growth. At this time, we are seeking a highly competent Planning & Zoning professional interested in part-time or independent contractor arrangements, but are open to conversations about more substantial roles. Written and verbal presentation skills are critical. Graphic design and GIS fluency is a huge bonus.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to TychePlans@gmail.com.
The Connecticut Association of Zoning Enforcement Officials (CAZEO) is a voluntary, professional membership association to promote comprehensive zoning enforcement policies in the State of Connecticut. Founded in 1979, with only 20 members, the membership has grown over 250 in 2010. The original members recognized that Zoning Enforcement Officials require special study, knowledge, and skills to bring about a high level of professional competence. The goals of CAZEO have been achieved in several important ways.
The State of Connecticut is comprised of 169 municipalities in which CAZEO presently has members in 112 of these municipalities.